What Personal Information do we collect and hold?
We may collect the following types of Personal Information:
- name, telephone, residential, mailing and email addresses;
- date of birth, gender, age, purchase history, income, occupation, hobbies and interests;
- details of the products and services you have purchased from us or which you have enquired about, together with any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and to respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information relating to you that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through use of our websites or online presence, through our representatives or otherwise; and
- information you provide us through our service centre, customer surveys or visits by our representatives from time to time.
What we do with the information we collect and hold
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the below reasons.
- to process your transaction and deliver products to you;
- for internal record keeping;
- to improve our products and services;
- for warranty repairs on our products;
- unless you ask us not to, we may send promotional material, from time to time, to any contact details you provide to us, about our new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting;
- to contact you by email, SMS, phone, fax or mail for market research purposes, from time to time; and
- to customise the website according to your interests.
We will only use your personal information as reasonably necessary for the above purposes, unless we have your permission or are required by law to otherwise handle your information (such as to respond to an emergency). Fantastic Furniture Pty Ltd may disclose your personal information for the above purposes to the following people and entities:
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting Personal Information from you, we may collect in ways including:
- through your access and use of our website;
- during conversations between you and our representatives;
- when you ask for a quote to be prepared;
- when you make an in-store or on-line purchase;
- when you apply for finance;
- when you contact us for further information or register your details on our website;
- your participation in surveys and other types of research;
- when you enter a promotion, sweepstake, or contest hosted by Freedom;
- when you subscribe to our mailing list;
- when you provide information via social media pages such as the Flourish Furniture Facebook page or our Wechat or Instagram;
- when you express interest in a particular Flourish Furniture service; or
- when you submit a job application or résumé.
We may also collect information from third parties such as credit reporting agencies, law enforcement agencies, and other government agencies.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the personal information we collect about you. These measures include access controls to our premises and account based controls and internet firewalls for electronic data that we hold. Our staff and related personnel are only permitted to access information necessary for their duties.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection, storage, use or disclosure of your information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes,
- if you have previously agreed to us using your information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by:
- writing to Flourish Furniture Pty LTD, Shop11,Level 1, 219 Parramatta rd, Auburn,NSW, 2144
- phoning +61 (02) 80403896 (during normal business hours), or
- e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect, out of date, irrelevant or incomplete, please contact us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may request access to any personal information we hold about you by contacting us. If we refuse access, we will provide you with reasons for the refusal and the relevant provisions of the Privacy Act that we rely on to refuse access. We may recover reasonable costs of retrieving information when you make an access request.